Monday, October 04, 2010

big kid blues

I have been waiting to write on this adventure for fear of jinxing our progress. i feel we are in the safe zone far enough now to say that ANNIE IS POTTY TRAINED. hallelujah...i WILL NOT have 2 in diapers. no sir, not me.

(singing on the toilet in her favorite bumblebee/pretty dancer number)
There are a couple exceptions to this training, however. Whenever we go to my moms house, she almost ALWAYS has an accident. Also, we are in house hunting mode. She often poops her pants while checking out the closet hiding spaces. I usually take this as a bad omen, and do not consider the house (it has always been the case-maybe coincidence so far...we shall see).

so, if annie is in your midst and she tells you that her 'tummy hurts'...you better run her to the toilet. This is apparently her body's tell sign of somethin a comin! (TMI? maybe...sorry.)

5 comments:

Mallory Hanna said...

Congrats, I hear potty training is a big accomplishment. Don't know if I am looking forward to it:)You probably hear all the time that your kids are so cute but seriously, they are adorable. Congrats again, oh and I love that rocking chair!!

tollestrupfamily said...

SO jealous. We have man size and itty bitty diapers in our house right now. No the man sized are NOT for Travis I just happen to have a man sized toddler.

Melissa said...

Kaiya has recently started saying the same thing! " ahhh, my tummy hurts!" that usually means she has to poop, she is old enough to know what that means by now so she runs to the potty!
House is the house hunting going?

Jessica said...

Yay!!! I'm so glad that she is officially potty trained. It takes a long time. We are still working on it over here. I think it just takes time and patience.
I'm so glad that she has finally got it though. Very exciting!

Rach said...

Way to go, Annie!! What a big girl!